Monday, March 2, 2009

Which season do YOU forget?

I ask a small child, "Can you tell me all four seasons?"

"Winter, spring, summer", she says.

So I try again, "No, all FOUR seasons. You know your seasons, right?"

"Winter, spring, summer", she repeats.

Well I think she is a bright girl, so I try another tactic: "Ok, how about you tell me the four most important events in world history?"

"Sure--there was Creation, Jesus first coming to die for us, and Jesus coming again."

"Are you sure you didn't miss one?"

"Um ... yes, at least I think so."

This story sounds silly. And yet many Christians have a huge blind spot--a profound neglect of that fourth key event when shaping their worldview. Well, actually it was the second key event, but you get the point.

[to be continued]

No comments:

Post a Comment